Re: [ARSCLIST] Concertapes -- what became of it?

Dnjchi@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 10/11/2007 9:31:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Would he be the guy I once met in a New York office back in the 70s? He was editing tape on a Roberts, using Scotch Tape (!)..the result was the Will Rogers album on Golden Age (another fine Everest product, and once I saw that Roberts I knew why every one of those LPs sounded shitty in mono).

Was there something inherently wrong with Roberts machines that makes you say this?
Don Chichester

Nothing other than I wouldn't use one (at 7.5 IPS) for turning out an LP master! This was a consumer model. He didn't even have a splicing block.

dl