Re: [ARSCLIST] recommendations solicited -- simple analog-to-digital USB setup

In a message dated 9/10/2007 10:15:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My  observation is that
many older folks find this very intimidating and  confusing, and they just
plain can't read the small
fonts. I think there's  a good middle-ground philosophy with anything
involving a computer -- and
Apple actually hits this much more often than the Windows world, but no  one
hits it often enough. I
think every step of computer interface design,  whether it be web page
creation or software
authoring, needs to be brutal  about simplicity. I just don't think most
people want too many options
or  complex instructions per screen-view. So it's OK to have plenty of
options  available, but they
shouldn't all be presented at  once.

To which I say Amen.  I'm 74, raised in the 78 to CD era, and  knowledgeable
in tape formats.  But some of the computer software is  confusing for one who
was dragged into the computer era kicking and  screaming.  Thanks for your
comments!

Don Chichester