Re: [ARSCLIST] easy way to reverse tape?

Yeah. You just have to maintain an even back pressure on the feed-out reel so the tape wont go slack and "snag." I've had tape flip over a second time only to discover at the end of the spool, that the back-coating is still inside, etc., then have to go find the new "flip." Not good, as the tape will crease and could cause a drop-out.
Just watch things like a hawk if you use the half-twist method on a regular machine.
Malcolm R

*******

John Bondurant wrote:
Another nice thing to do is have a dedicated machine for this. I have an old TEAC with the head block removed so the tape won't snag.

John H. Bondurant Sound Preservation Archivist

Berea College
Hutchins Library
Special Collections & Archives
CPO LIB