[ARSCLIST] Analog NTSC from digital

>Also, I suspect that given the huge numbers of NTSC-only TV's still in use,
>somebody will create and sell a digital-to-NTSC (or better yet, to ALL
>analog TV formats...?) set-top converter...?

I think most HD or digital cable boxes allow multiple analog outs.  I have my standard def Sony CRT hooked up to an HD satellite box with the component cables and the picture looks great.  The box also has S-video, composite, and an RF coaxial jack, as well as HDMI.

The main TV in the living room is HD and the picture quality of HD transmissions will blow you away.  Last night I watched a show that was nothing but aerial shots of Greece.  There was very little informative content, but the pictures were amazing.  I'm reminded of the early days of television when simply showing the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans at the same time was a big deal.

With the TV set up properly HD broadcasts look great and blow SD out of the water...

Sammy Jones