Re: [ARSCLIST] blooper samples?

And in radio, we'd say "Okay, that's one for the Christmas tape."

dl

Rod Stephens wrote:
In the movie industry, we called our assembled and edited funny out takes, "gag reels".

Rod Stephens

David Lennick wrote:

David Breneman wrote:

--- David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

He did that more than once..the famous one I know is when Mary
pronounced Drew  Pearson "Dreer Pooson". The writers actually
rewrote the script during the live broadcast...

Benny's show was really the originator of the "break down
the fourth wall" philosophy.  Everyone that's done that
since owe's him a debt of gratitude.  I remember reading that
once Don Wilson botched a sponsor's tag line at the end of
a broadcast, and was for some reason (vacation?) going to
miss the next broadcast.  So the writers devised a story
thread for several weeks that Wilson was in hiding from the
ad agency fearing he'd get fired.  On one episode he even
"phoned in" his opening.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

And George Burns took that fourth wall even further on television., talking to the audience about what had just transpired, having actors walk in front of him on their way to one of the sets, and finally actually watching the show's events on his own TV screen.

Meanwhile, back to bloopers..which used to be called "fluffs" or "flubs" by performers. The word "blooper" was popularized by Schafer. Today, people know these things are going to be saved and probably make many of them deliberately and they've become a major bore.

dl