Re: [ARSCLIST] De-clicking

I recall a story told to me some years ago...I think
it had to do with a Paul Robeson recording that
contained some politically oriented songs...perhaps
recorded outside the US? When the reissue was being
done, one of the discs has a significant crack.
Supposedly the engineer used vaseline to smooth over
the crack. After making the transfer the groove walls
started to disintegrate...or so the story goes...

Karl