Re: [ARSCLIST] De-clicking

I've had some success in lessening "impossible" clicks by reducing the amplitude of the click to match the surrounding waveform. It essentially does the same as what you describe here and leaves the original length of the recording intact, especially when working on a disc or cylinder with a long crack. It also allows you to use a declicker on a final pass to clean up what clicks are left.
All using Cool Edit Pro.
Now, a question. Why do some prefer Cool Edit over the successor program Adobe Audition? I understand there are some functions that may have been removed, but cannot remember what they are.
Mal Rockwell

*******

Parker Dinkins wrote:
on 7/26/07 8:06 PM US/Central, Tom Fine at tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx