To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Cracked Cylinder Record

The continual zooming in and out to "seek and destroy" the clicks can be tedious in the extreme! Sometimes you can hear a click but not see it at any zoom level in the normal wave view.

Cool Edit's spectral view can be very useful for locating such clicks.
Typically they show as a thin vertical line in spectral view.  This way,
you can operate at a wider zoom level and just keep hitting the F3 key.

Good luck
Nigel

Nigel Champion
Archive of Maori & Pacific Music