Re: [ARSCLIST] phony baloney family library of cheap music

A friend of mine has tracked all of the down. I will see if I can get him to post the list. As I recall they were done by Horace Grenell who was also involved with the distribution of Urania and that some of the titles were from Urania releases.

  Karl

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Has anyone ever identified the performances in those padded albums sold in
supermarkets in the late 50s as Philharmonic Family Library and the like? Not
the "Webster" library (where you had to keep buying every week because the
discs were in auto sequence and always continued on next week's album), those
are old Remingtons. I toss the Philharmonics or use them as packing, but is
there anything worthwhile on them? I just put a dozen in the dumpster last month.

dl