Re: [ARSCLIST] LP pressing question

-----Original Message-----
>From Tom Fine: "...I thought the machines used were non-Ampex, forgot the
brand, or was that just the "vintage
restored machine" used for the CD remaster?"

They used a Presto for the remaster which was a direct-drive machine. (I'm
not sure how you'd ever varispeed a 300.)

My point was the moment that tape hit a cutting room for some dubs, ANY
discrepancy between the times shown on the take sheet and the actual time
would have been noticed. Walter told me Ampex left them with one of the
off-speed machines to do transfers with.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com