Re: [ARSCLIST] LP pressing question

Tom Fine wrote:
When the QC listening was done, it was done with a stop-watch so that times could be known for problem, which were noted.

That's interesting - I read somewhere that records did not carry time information until after tape was introduced, which led me to conclude that the time was calculated by measuring the tape footage and dividing it by the speed, rather than having some poor schlub sit there all day with a stopwatch.

Michael Shoshani
Chicago