Re: [ARSCLIST] Blues harp amplified (the sequel...)

Actually, there are (were?) a number of small tube amps...usually around
5 watts output power...that were/can be used! In fact, some of the "off-
brand" amps (I currently own a Kent, with a 50C5 "power[?!] tube" as well
as a made-in-Montreal "Regal" with a single 6V6...!) are preferable,
since they were often "low-fi" thanks to cheap design. The best low-power
amp I ever owned was a "big knob" Supro, which used an incredibly efficient
Jensen speaker...so that its c.5 watts (single-ended 6V6) could be run
"barefoot" (that is, NOT miked) in most small or medium-sized venues!

Keep in mind that most of the original "bluesmen" used whatever was to be
found at the neighbourhood pawnshop...often re-pawning the equipment once
the gig was over and done with...!

My "someday" dream is to "breadboard" a similar 5-watt, single-ended tube
amp...and then do some experimenting with component values (grid & plate
resistors and possibly connecting or bypass capacitors...) to see...using
an "o-scope" as well as what's left of my ears...what gives me a really
"dirty" sound without melting various components...!