Subj: CBC television inquiry
Date: 6/11/2007 6:06:31 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time
From: Snowbeck

Hello,

I work for CBC television and am researching a documentary about a  family
who lived in Winnipeg in the early 20th century.

The head of the house worked as a cabinet maker for 'Melotone  Talking
Machine Co.'

We'd like to expand on this in the documentary, but we don't have  any
information on Melotone.

The Henderson directory for Winnipeg in 1918 lists Melotone Talking Mach  Co
Ltd  as "manufactures talking machines" with Mendel Lurie as manager.  It was
located on 61 Heaton.

I am wondering if you know anything about Melotone or talking  machine
cabinets in this period, or if you can refer me to anyone who might  be able
to help?

Your advice would be much appreciated!

Best,

Rebecca Snow