Re: [ARSCLIST] One business model for out of print recordings -- let's hope i.

John Ross <johnross@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>So it would make sense that the Archiv service is using existing CD
>masters rather than producing material especially for this new
>distribution channel.

I would like to know which specific Everest release was referenced on the
list as being unacceptably bright.  I would like to do a direct comparison
between the original CD release and this Archiv re-issue.  One thing that
strikes me as a possibility to explain the difference would be the
original Everest CD audio having pre-emphasis and the subsequent Archiv
release passing along the pre-emphasized audio without the flag turned on.
 I can do a quick check if I am told which specific recording is in
question...and presuming that we still have it in the WETA library.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet