Subj:Edison site talking postcards
Date:6/6/2007 12:36:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:Mwcpc2
To:78-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I've recently come across a couple of 78 rpm talking postcards
apparently
sold at the Fort Myers Edison site. One shows the "Edison Home" first

prefabricated house. The other is of the Edison Laboratory at Ft.
Myers.

They are 3-7/8" x 5-7/8" with a 3-1/4" recording on the picture side.
The
audio content is a detailed description of the contents of the
picture, which,
of course, you can't see while listening because it is spinning at 78
rpm!
They were made by Charles Products, Washington 3, D. C.

I'm wondering when these were made and how many are were. I couldn't
find
much about them in a Google search, though it seems many companies are
making
electronic talking postcards now.

Mike Csontos

http://www.aol.com.