[ARSCLIST] DATs -- fully submerged?

This may be old news, but one of my many equipment dealer newsletters reports that Tascam has discontinued their DAP-1 portable DAT player. As far as I know, they were the last. A quick check at HHB indicates no more DAT products. I think Sony and Panasonic are long out of DAT. Am I missing anyone? If I am correct, there are now and probably have not been for at least months if not years any more DAT mechanisms being manufacturered. Bottom line -- even if your DATs play without issues, transfer them and count yourself happy and lucky because your player is finite and not replaceable.

-- Tom Fine