Re: [ARSCLIST] [78-l] ARSC Conference report - a few thoughts.

Cary,
You are right about the convention. It was great. So great in fact that I forgot to congratulate you on your ARSC award. Richly deserved I might add. Jack

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] [78-l] ARSC Conference report - a few thoughts.

I, too, have a stack of mail to go through and haven't had a chance to even try to sum up our visit to the Sanfilippo Victorian Palace. Suffice it to say, those of you who didn't make it should be kicking themselves for passing up the opportunity of a lifetime. It was the most exquisite combination of visual and aural beauty you will ever encounter. I'll try to collect my thoughts later tonight, but it was indeed a most magical, miraculous conference. Kudos to Kurt Nauck, Ed Ward of the Irish Fest archive, and all the local coordinators for making this the most magnificent ARSC conference I've been to.

And thanks, Steve, for the kudos. I missed out on being present for my first award in 1995, which was held in the rotunda of the Library of Congress. Next to that, being in the Carousel building for this one was really mind-boggling.

Cary Ginell
Origin Jazz Library
www.originjazz.com