Re: [ARSCLIST] **SPAM** [78-l] ARSC Conference report: Day 1

On 6 maj 2007, at 17.55, David Lennick wrote:

problem. I carry a valid passport, I leave my attitude at home, I carry documentation or receipts for anything I'm bringing over, I take off my sunglasses when being questioned by the Customs officials. Granted, I haven't flown into the States in a few years. The
And so do many other people, this correspondent included, and still they face obstruction and hostility and generally unprofessional behaviour. I hear similar things can happen in other civilised countries too, but the U.S. has gotten a reputation for this from both residents and visitors alike (speaking in a customs context). Some of my best friends are American.

I can understand hostility to people with a bad attitude (and they come from all countries) or those with less than correct documentation (seeing some of the Airline/Cops type programs shows a lot of differences in "customer handling" and the "quality" of the customers) though.

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and consultancy services.
040 738 5292 / +358 40 738 5292

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright disclaimer here"

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0 What does this mean to you?