Re: [ARSCLIST] Is this audio? or word processing? or ? ? ?

Yes Tom, we know the difference between magnetic media and grooved media. The point is
that they are both "belts" and one belted format followed another. Also playing back a
grooved format is easier than playing back a magnetic format. Also finding the machines is
even more difficult. Oh, "working" machines is more difficult. It's not impossble, but it's a
bitch of a job. I'll take cylinders or wires any day.

Adrian Cosentini
Audio Preservation Manager
The New York Philharmonic
Avery Fisher Hall