Re: [ARSCLIST] DVD video to iPod

It wasn't the case when I grew up in the NYC suburbs, including after all the "grand old theatres" (which were usually rat-infested fire traps) had been divided into multiple screens. At least back then there was a projectionist on duty and the theater chain at least employed a sound system tech to make sure thing were working from time to time. The first outbreak of multiplexes were actually good, they had comfortable seats, screens designed for the space, spaces that were not tunnel-like, and usually decent sound systems. But all that went away years ago. Plus, I gotta say, people are darn rude these days. Who thinks it's OK to keep a cellphone on or talk during a movie? I don't have the time or patience for any of that. I guess I'm just prematurely cranky.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] DVD video to iPod

-----Original Message-----
From Tom Fine: "...This must be a generational thing. I hate (HATE) movie
theaters. Usually, the focus is blurry, the
sound bad and the place full of loud smelly people. So I'll sacrifice the
"larger than life" aspect
of the visuals for the comfort of my own home and superb surround sound
experience..."

This wasn't the case, at least in the Detroit area, before they started
building multiplexes with automated projection.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control Over 40 years making people sound better than they ever imagined! 615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com