To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] DVD video to iPod

Tom,

The Platinum version of DVDFAB does this and a whole lot more. I've used it to shrink videos for both my daughter's iPod and my Palm PDA. http://www.dvdfab.com Today is the last day of their special, so if you decide this is the one, do it today. Only the Platinum version does the iPod videos.

I have used some other free programs also. You end up needing a couple to do the job which can get time consuming. Since DVDFAB did it all, I just bought it and have been happy I did.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
Avocado Productions
Arvada, CO
www.avocadoproductions.com
800-246-3811

Tom Fine wrote:
Hi Rod:

This is a good Plan B for sure. But I already recorded the video to a DVD, so I just want to "rip" the DVD onto my hard drive and then convert to iPod video with Quicktime.

Just out of curiosity -- why aren't there a gizillion pieces of software to do this? Is it all because of Hollywood user-hostile copy restrictions? Are those restrictions placed on a DVD I record in my JVC machine? If so, is there a way I can turn them off? Sorry, showing glaring ignorance about the DVD format. I usually work in audio only.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rod Stephens" <savecal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>