Re: [ARSCLIST] How could anybody ever have thought this was acceptable? Rant

Michael Shoshani:

> There is a picture in Roland Gelatt's "The Fabulous Phonograph",
> showing  Lewis James and Elliot Shaw each in front of their own
> horn at Victor's Camden studios. The caption explains that during
> a recording session the singers would be directing their voices
> down their own horn; presumably there would be another horn to
> pick up the accompaniment.

By fluke I was looking in my copy of "The Fabulous Phonograph" as I
caught this email.

Having gone through the book from start to finish I´ve been unable to
find the picture mentioned above.

Where is it?

I have the second revised edition and it isn´t in there for sure.

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther