Re: [ARSCLIST] CD-DA to .wav

Hello, Kevin,

There are two things to consider:
(1) Does 44.1/16 represent any quality loss from the original? Since you say they are spoken word recordings, I would suggest that if there is any, it is slight.
(2) Has your tape playback quality increased dramatically over ten years (i.e., were these tapes played on a Wollensak and you now have a Studer)?

If you don't think you'd get any meaningful quality improvement by investing in 500 hours of re-transfer (while other material then waits), I would go the EAC route. Give the discs to a good clerical person, train them in the use of EAC, save the log files and you review them (note that errors can be caused at track transitions for some reason w/o ultimately affecting the quality of transfer). I would suspect that in 100 hours of clerical time and less than 500 minutes of your time it would be done.

Cheers,

Richard