john_bondurant@xxxxxxxxx
Office: 859-985-3389
Fax: 859-985-3912

On Apr 20, 2007, at 12:00 AM, ARSCLIST automatic digest system wrote:

From: "Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: April 19, 2007 11:01:19 PM EST Subject: Re: Crosley Radio

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Jurison" <du_box@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I was looking around at some audio systems, today, hoping to find a new one
for my home, when I ran across the rather attractive Crosley Radio,
vintage-themed entertainment systems. I was wondering if anyone owns one of
these, or has any firsthand experience with them, and if you would be
willing to share your thoughts on them.

The important thing is that they finally decided to offer properly-
sized 78 needles to match their turntable speed! Sadly, these are
NOT diamond...and anything less than a diamond wears out quickly
from playing abrasive shellac-compound discs.

Crosley, of course, is a famous old name in home radio (as well as
early "compact cars" before ecology had even been thought of...!)
but whether this "Crosley" is a descendant firm, or simply some
company over in the land of Hooflungdung that managed to scoop
up the trademarks and "goodwill" for about 17 kabongs...