Re: [ARSCLIST] premier of Fantasia

In Mike's book he comments on radio promos as being issued just prior to
the release of a new film; these included spot ads and sometimes
interviews.  The book says these are fairly rare, especially if
accompanied by the script.  Mike lists two Fantasia discs, but they are
LPs issued in 1969 and 1977 for rereleases of the film. I don't see, nor
recall reading, any reference to lacquers here.

Sue

Susan T Stinson, Curator
Belfer Audio Laboratory and Archive
Syracuse University Library
222 Waverly Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13244-2010
315-443-3477 / fax 443-4866

>>> dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx 4/14/2007 6:19 PM >>>
Sounds like a nice rare item..either an aircheck or a cut for delayed
broadcast. Mike Murray has published a book on Disney Recordings, but
this
sounds like something that wouldn't have been in circulation.

dl

phillip holmes wrote:
> Lacquer, with NBC's logo.
>
> David Lennick wrote:
>> Pressing or lacquer? I've seen the odd movie premiere disc,
including
>> one of a Deanna Durbin film where the premiere took place in
Panama.

>> dl
>>
>> phillip holmes wrote:
>>> I was sent a 16" transcription disk, of an interview by NBC, at the

>>> premier of Fantasia, at the Broadway Theater in NYC.  Those
>>> interviewed are: Winthrop Aldrich (Chairman of the British War
Relief