[ARSCLIST] April issue of Black Grooves

The April issue of Black Grooves has now been posted at www.blackgrooves.org.

This month we're covering a wide range of genres. From the underground hip hop label Babygrande there are new releases by the Snow Goons, a German production team, and the Detroit based Wisemen, featuring Wu-Tang affiliated producer Bronze Nazareth. Also included is Hip Hop Is Dead, the much-anticipated album by Nas, and JazzFunkHipHoPoetry <http://blackgrooves.org/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=275> , featuring the poetry of Richard "Paradise" Moore. Continuing our focus on black rock, we're highlighting a new CD by Prince protégé Rhonda Smith and the DVD Afro-Punk.  Two new reggae additions include Stephen Marley's debut album Mind Control <http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Control-Stephen-Marley/dp/B000MRP2ZO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-0585945-4279017?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1176141550&sr=1-1>  and the DVD Roots Daughters, which explores the role of women in the Rastafarian faith and stars legendary reggae singer Judy Mowatt. You won't want to miss the latest Motown DVD from Reelin' in the Years/Hip-O Records, featuring historical performances by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles. Rounding out this issue is Anthony Hamilton's Southern Comfort and the latest release from the UK-based soul collective Incognito.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss

Archives of African American Music and Culture

Indiana University

Smith Research Center, Suite 180

Bloomington, IN 47408

bnelsons@xxxxxxxxxxx