Re: [ARSCLIST] Columbia Harmony was: Met Opera Record Club

 There are a lot of Coumbia Harmony classical titles from the late 50s/early 60s. These are a mix of reissues,like Artur Rodzinski,Fritz Reiner,Felix Weingartner,and Efrem Kurtz,from the early Lp years.I have two Harmonys,by Erich Leinsdorf and The Rochester Symphony/Philharmonic :

HL 7054 Schubert "Unfinished"/Mozart No.40
HL  7171 Mendelssohn "Italian"/Haydn "Clock"

I have not seen regular Columbias of these.They may be out there.

Philips sourced:
HL  7060 Beethoven "Moonlight" and "Pathetique" Sonatas Theo Van Der Pas

More information on Van Der Pas Please.

HL 7119 Dame Myra Hess Plays Schbert Transfered from 40s 78s.
HL  7172 "Wagner for Orchestra Carl Bamberger/Frankfurt Opera Orchestra
HL  7173  Haydn Trumpet Concerto,Herbert Braeuing soloist,Mozart Bassoon Concerto,K. 191,Horst Winter,soloist,Handel Oboe Concerto No.1,Frederich Plath,soloist Carl Bamberger/Frankfurt Chamber Orchestra.
HL 7174 Mozart Violin Concerti Nos. 3 and 4 Manoug Parikian,violin Hamburg Chamber Orchestra,Walter Goehr
(The only record by Parikian I have ever found.)
HL  7175 "Great Ballet Favorites" Orchestre de Pasdelloup,Paris,Walter Goehr
HL 7176 Strauss: TillEulenspiegel's Merry Pranks/Don Juan Frankfurt Radio Symphony,Otto Ackerman/Berlioz Overture to "Benvenuto Cellini" Paris Opera Orchestra,Pierre-Michel Le Conte

More information on Le Conte please
HL 7178 "Hi-Fi Favorites For Orchestra" "Orchestra of the Concerts de Paris" (That's what it says.),Pierre-Michel Le Conte
HS 110005 ""Strauss Favorites In High Fidelity" "Vienna Festival Orchestra", Gerd Heidger

Who?

HS 11011 Debussy "La Mer"/Ravel "Daphnis et Chloe Suite No.2","Pavane Pour Une Infante Defaunte" Orchestre du National de L'Opera Paris Pierre-Michel Le Conte
HS 11012 Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No.1 Sondra Bianca,"Orchestra of the Concerts of Paris",Carl Bamberger.

More information on Bianca please.

These are the ones I own.There are no doubt more.

                              Roger

Looking for earth-friendly autos?