Re: [ARSCLIST] Slides and inconvenient media (was spin it again)

--- Roger and Allison Kulp <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of the many fun side benefits of acute  bacterial
> meningitis,which I have had a number of times,the first at six
> months of age,is hemianopia,or blindness in one eye.As a result,I
> have never been able to see in any thing,but 2D.

Several years ago I suffered from a detached retina in my
right eye, which made me effectively blind in that eye.
I could not, for instance, read or drive using only that
eye.  It essentially killed my stereo vision. I was
extremely lucky to be able to go to one of the best retinal
surgeons, literally, in the world, here in Tacoma, and
he was able to pin back my retina with laser bursts.
This resulted in a small California-shaped "dead zone"
in my vision in that eye, at about 8:00, just outside my
field of sharpest vision, which my brain completely fills
in unless my left eye is closed.  The procedure completely
restored my stereo vision.  After working in stereography
since my sophomore year in high school, I was rather
panicked that I would have to give up that avocation.
I owe a hell of a lot to Dr. Hsushi Yeh.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

Be a PS3 game guru.