Re: [ARSCLIST] Need help with a Revox A77 [?] in Chicago

Can anybody offer any help? Like what kind of words I should use if I take it back to the old German guy. Or do you know any other good repairman (or woman) in the Chicago area I could consult.

Thank you
Paul Tyler

I can recommend a repair person. His name is Jim Stemke and he lives in Schaumburg, IL. He ran Studio-Sonics, the only independently owned and operated Studer service facility, began in 1977.
I recently had to have some work done on my Studer B67, and he did a great job at a very fair price, and ended up selling me a second B67, totally reconditioned, as well.
He also does repairs and restoration on pipe organs, and spent 2 1/2 years working on the organ at the Victorian Palace, which ARSC conference attendees will get to see and hear next month. I know he is in California for the next several weeks, but you can reach him at sonics408@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hope this helps.
-Matt Sohn