To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Boston Pops question

At 01:13 AM 2007-04-07, Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
The 1954 one is one of the first three records RCA made for commercial release.The Lp (LSC-1817),came out four years later.It is one of the legendary Living Stereos.Before it was reissued by Classic Records in the late 90s,it sold for as high as $850.00-$900.00.Now it runs about $350.00.(I bought mine at a Sallie Army.)It was also issued on a stereo reel tape,in 1956.

And at least some copies were two-track, as I have one. The 2T sound is almost as good as the CD reissue.

Cheers,

Richard.