Re: [ARSCLIST] Met Opera Record Club

So much for my theory..Otello wasn't one of the Met Opera Club recordings. Here's the complete list, from Mike Richter:

Opera   	Conductor   	Principal Artists
Carmen 	Rudolf 	Elias, Baum, Amara, Cassel
Don Pasquale 	Kozma 	Baccaloni, Wilson, Anthony, Guarrera
Andrea Chénier 	Cleva 	Tucker, Curtis-Verna, Sereni
Hänsel und Gretel 	Kozma 	Hurley, Miller, Resnik
Pagliacci 	Cleva 	da Costa, Amara, Guarrera
Le nozze di Figaro 	Rudolf 	Tozzi, Conner, Singher, Amara, Miller
Die Zauberflöte 	Kozma 	Amara, Sullivan, Hines, Hurley, Uppman
Boris Godunov 	Mitropooulos 	Tozzi, da Costa, Amara, Scott
Les contes d'Hoffmann 	Morel 	Crain, Vanni, Hurley, Elias, Amara, Singher
La Perichole 	Morel 	Munsel, Ritchard, Uppman
La boheme 	Cleva 	Amara, Barioni, Krall, Valentino
Madama Butterfly 	Mitropoulos 	Kirsten, Barioni, Miller, Harvuot
Tosca 	Mitropoulos 	Kirsten, Barioni, Guarrera
Die Fledermaus 	Kozma 	Krall, Sullivan, Hurley, Brownlee, Miller
Eugene Onegin 	Mitropoulos 	Guarrera, Amara, Elias, Tucker, Tozzi
Aida 	Cleva 	Amara, da Costa, Elias, Guarrera
Rigoletto 	Cleva 	McFerrin, Hurley, Barioni
Il trovatore 	Rudolf 	Baum, Curtis-Verna, Elias, Guarrera
Die Walküre 	Mitropoulos 	Harshaw, Schech, Vinay, Uhde

David Lennick wrote:
I neglected to identify David Hamilton as the author of the note telling us that the Met has little claim to those BOMC recordings. Meanwhile, my original questions (apart from RCA issuing a couple of those sets commercially) linger. Were these albums ever sold in stores or issued overseas? There's an "Otello" highlights album with Steber, Vinay and Cleva conducting, on Philips ABL 3005. I have no equivalent Columbia version turning up in Schwann..I wonder if this might have been from the Met series.

dl