Re: [ARSCLIST] Slides and inconvenient media (was spin it again)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Durenberger" <Mark4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> What scares me (older than Tom) is that if blurry video and audio becomes
> main-stream, how will we preserve it with any kind of integrity?

Just as we preserve acoustically-recorded 78rpm recordings...we will (and
can only) preserve it in the limited versions in which it was originally
created!

Just as there exist no digital applications that can exactly recreate the
original
sound we have only on acoustic recordings to-day...there similarly exist none
that can identify and restore (in implied form) any inadequately-recorded
sounds or images...even digital!

Information, both old and new, will very often be "asterisked" with notations
apologizing for the poor quality of any extant copies...!