From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Laura Mundee
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 9:20 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] analog tape cleaning

Hello all,

I am joining several of my classmates in seeking the wisdom of folks
on this list...  I am researching cleaning procedures for analog tape
and cassettes. What types of issues are involved here?  How do you go
about the process of cleaning tape, if you do?  If not, why?  Are
there products or procedures you would recommend or, conversely, avoid?

We are assembling a guide as part of a class assignment (due April
17).  Any information or resources you could point out would be
greatly appreciated. Please feel free to email me off list -
lauramundee@xxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much,
Laura Mundee
MSIS Candidate
School of Information, University of Texas at Austin