[ARSCLIST] Cleaning Procedures: Wire Recordings

Greetings... I am looking for information about appropriate cleaning procedures/products for wire recordings. When you have encountered wire recordings, what kinds of cleaning issues have you had to face? What have you used that works? What would you warn someone away from?

I am attempting to assemble a guide as part of a class assignment (due April 17), so any information or pointers thereto would be greatly appreciated. Please email me offlist at susanhk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I will post the results of whatever I collect to the list.

Thanks very much,
Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik
Master's Candidate
School of Information, the University of Texas at Austin