[ARSCLIST] original audio containers

Boy have I got an esoteric topic for you.  I am looking for any information
relating to the practice and storage of original audio containers.
Currently, some archives rehouse audio recordings in new acid free
containers and store the original package elsewhere for various reasons.   I
would like to hear from ya'll (this is what happens when you move to Texas)
how and why this is done.  Does anyone know when this practice started?

Also, can anyone give me information regarding original containers
themselves i.e. composition and styling of disc sleeves,album covers,
cassette tape holders, jewel cases, cylinder boxes, etc.

Please e-mail me off line at renepayne@xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your time,

Rene'