Re: [ARSCLIST] Hard disk drives and DAT

Cheaper and probably *better*...

Hard drives sitting on shelves for lengthy periods are actually not a great idea.  Hard
drives are meant to be powered up and there have been a fair number of reports of losing
data by leaving them on shelves for too long a period.

Not sure how long they would be sitting there, but if the time-frame is "indefinite", I
would certainly look at other options...

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Sascom - Toronto
vox.905.825.5373    fax.905.469.1129     cel.905.580.2467
www.sascom.com    www.cube-tec.com