Re: [ARSCLIST] "CD ripper changer"?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Cox" <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I'm wondering if such a device exists, or if there is reasonably
> > reliable/easy to use software that can create such a device:
> >
> > A computer with 3 or more CD drives Software that automatically
> > "batch-rips" to MP3 one drive after the other, and allows the user to
> > insert new discs in the finished drives, then checks for new discs and
> > goes back down the line until it encounters an empty drive.
> >
> > I have a client who wants to convert a large CD collection to his iPod
> > without doing one disc at a time.
> >
> > Input much appreciated. I assume such a setup would be very useful to
> > some libraries and archives.
>
> I would think this could be done with a script on any good operating
> system.

It would have to be written in very basic language! Something like:
(remember that each CD writer gets a different drive letter, at least
in Wintel...)

COPY <drive containing sound files> <CD-writer drive 1>
IF error (this might have to be more specific, and refer to a full disc error)
COPY <same drive> <CD-writer drive 2>

This, of course, doesn't tell the source drive to start where it
left off...I'm not sure exactly how that would be done...