Re: [ARSCLIST] Two other N.Y. Times article on a different type of digitizing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I figured it was still crude, but it's moving there. The next step will be
taking individual tracks
> of Really Badly Recorded multi-track recordings like, say Derek and the
Dominos and recreating them
> in super-fidelity.

1) This is actually the ultimate dream of most rock musicians who
have made/are making individual-track recordings! It has been my
experience that they always think that given one (or a few) more
chances, they could lay down the perfect solo...!

2) Also, this would only be possible where the original multi-track
tapes are still extant (our current computers can't tell tracks apart!).
However, it does offer interesting possibilities in that scenario...