Re: [ARSCLIST] Two other N.Y. Times article on a different type of digitizing

Perhaps it's just me; I'm getting 'visuals' of all those compilations with
songs "Recorded by the ORIGINAL ARTIST!"

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Fine
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:30 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Two other N.Y. Times article on a different type of
digitizing

I figured it was still crude, but it's moving there. The next step will be
taking individual tracks
of Really Badly Recorded multi-track recordings like, say Derek and the
Dominos and recreating them
in super-fidelity. Think of the possibilities -- a whole new way to reissue
every "classic
recording." Too much potential $$$ to leave on the table. Just to be clear,
I'm not advocating any
of this, just looking at where it's headed.

-- Tom Fine