Re: [ARSCLIST] Curious--was: well, this might <snip>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andes, Donald" <Donald.Andes@xxxxxxxxxx>
> "Perhaps music isn't what it was, when we were who they are."

Well, back in my (much) younger days...somewhere around the year
dot...telephones only had one "ringtone"...and that was created
by a metal arm whacking a metal bell! However, you had to count
the "shorts" and "longs" in the ringing if you were on a party
line, to see if the call was yours (many people listened to all
of 'em...!).

And music came to you either over the radio or courtesy of a
"record" you bought for $1...usually on a 45, though 78's were
still being pressed. If there was a square dance, the music was
provided by real live musicians from a nearby town (who had
never made a record, and we unlikely to...). You could always
"record your own voice" at the State Fair, for fifty cents, and
then play it when you got home.

Once you bought a record, there was no way to make a copy of it.
A very few folks had radios which had built-in disc recorders,
and they could...and we knew there were such things as "tape
recorders," but none of us had ever seen one.

Yup, things were different then...