To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] well, this might explain why so many sonic treasures languish in government warehouses

Yes, like I said, someone expecting CEO style compensation should go work as a CEO in the private sector. The problem with universities, museums and other institutions is that all too often you get (mostly) guys who can't cut it in the private sector but expect to be compensated like they work for GE. And, they are able to build feifdoms around them and live even larger, awarding their friends and punishing those who call for accountability. I can cite many a PBS station, for example, that have wasted millions on monuments to pure ego. Museums and universities are just as bad. If you're not into public service, you should stay out of the public sector.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Richter" <mrichter@xxxxxxx>