Re: [ARSCLIST] Despite lawsuits, digital music downloads grow

Not even remotely good English..the quote said "monetize that audience". We're dealing with morons, people.

mon·e·tize (mn-tz, mn-)
tr.v. mon·e·tized, mon·e·tiz·ing, mon·e·tiz·es
1. To establish as legal tender.
2. To coin (money).
3. To convert (government debt) from securities into currency that can be used to purchase goods and services.

dl

RA Friedman wrote:
Perhaps not a great choice of words, but certainly English.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/monetize

-----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List on behalf of David Lennick Sent: Fri 2/9/2007 3:48 PM To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Cc: Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Despite lawsuits, digital music downloads grow

	  "The record labels are saying on the one hand it's piracy so we've got to
	provide protection," said Jon Diamond, chief executive of ArtistDirect. "But on
	the other hand, it's their audience and they want to figure out ways to
	monetize that audience."

	For starters, try speaking English.

	MONETIZE?

	dl