Re: [ARSCLIST] Jewel Sleeve (was The STiL Case

Richard Hess writes:
>I have no hands-on experience with these, but their description says
>they are made of vinyl which is scary AND it appears that the vinyl
>touches both surfaces of the CD (both surfaces need to be protected).

If vinyl is truly dangerous to CD surfaces, this testimonial from Jewel
Sleeve's Web site is thoroughly frightening:

"Thanks to Jewelsleeve we were able condense and organize over 3,000 CDs
containing spacecraft and instrument data from several NASA planetary
missions.

Diana Michna
Malin Space Science Systems Inc.
San Diego, CA"

Imagine all that data being lost due to faulty storage.  The Apollo 11
tape debacle pales in comparison...

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet