Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Rosemary Brown

Don Tait <Dontaitchicago@xxxxxxx> wrote:    *** Mr. Obnoxious would say "did you hear that? She was off-pitch! She's terrible!" To which Fred would reply sweetly "oh no, I think she's the best! She's my favorite singer."

****With which Mr. O. would go away, convinced that Fred was a musical idiot he wanted no more to do with.

Years ago when I worked in a classical only record shop (yes, there really was such a thing) and had an obnoxious customer, I would pull out some Xenakis.

  And thinking of that, I am also reminded of some records I sold that nobody would think to buy had I not been playing them over the store's sound system....composers like Berkeley, Mohaupt, etc.

  Karl