Re: [ARSCLIST] STADIUM SYMPHONY

Which was why so many people were able to hear Jean Shepherd at night.I heard him the last seven years he was on,and I lived outside Baltimore.( I was eight years old,when I discovered him.)WOR came in like gangbusters every night.I have heard people as far west as Missouri,and as far south as Georgia,who could pick him up.

                           Roger

Aaron Z Snyder <azs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow! I forgot about "Oh, how I..." in the morning. Unless Jr took over the
show in later year, you were listening to Gambling, Sr, who also liked to
play "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go."  My discovery of "Old Man
Gambling", as I called him, was in 1958 when I began prep school in
Princeton, NJ. I used to love to turn him on at 7 Am to annoy the hell out
of my roommates, I also got a kick out of his in-house "orchestra", which
may have had as many as four musicians (they were simply AWFUL!).

Gambling, Jr., was on in the evenings, and I already knew of him even though
I was living in distant West Virginia, since WOR could be heard everywhere
at night.

AZS

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

                          Dave Von Kleist