Re: [ARSCLIST] STADIUM SYMPHONY

Hmm! The first lacquer discs as we know them began to appear in late 1934, I believe. CBS had no recording equipment for a long time, so any CBS airchecks were done elsewhere, like the Rodzinski "Elektra" broadcast which actually is on NBC lacquers (and missing the first 5 minutes).

dl

Karl Miller wrote:
I believe it was the summer of 1935. He was soloist in the piano concerto. My guess is that if it had been recorded it would be on aluminum discs. Over the years I have come across some CBS things from '36. I wonder what might have happened to those WOR discs?
Karl
David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Karl Miller wrote:
While it is unlikely it survived...the last all Gerhswin Stadium concert with Gershwin performing was broadcast on the Mutual Network, WOR in New York. I wonder if that will ever turn up. Too early for lacquer discs...

Karl

More unlikely that it was even recorded, although WOR was supposed to have had gazillions of discs stashed away. When was this concert?

dl