Re: [ARSCLIST] STADIUM SYMPHONY

Good heavens, what on earth happened to those discs. As one who has on occasion looked at the radio listings in the New York Times, the stuff they broadcast during the 30s was incredible.

  Karl (my mother had Rambing with Gambling (Jr?) on the radio every morning. I still remember hearing the song "Oh, how I hate to get up in the morning" every day...)

Aaron Z Snyder <azs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  If it was broadcast by WOR, it has a better than average chance of
surviving, since, AFAIK, they transcribed everything they broadcast. That's
probably an exaggeration, but then again it's amazing to hear John Gambling,
Sr., making announcements in the late 20s (and these, of couse, survived).

AZS