Re: [ARSCLIST] STADIUM SYMPHONY

I believe it was the summer of 1935. He was soloist in the piano concerto. My guess is that if it had been recorded it would be on aluminum discs. Over the years I have come across some CBS things from '36.

  I wonder what might have happened to those WOR discs?

  Karl
David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Karl Miller wrote:
> While it is unlikely it survived...the last all Gerhswin Stadium concert with Gershwin performing was broadcast on the Mutual Network, WOR in New York. I wonder if that will ever turn up. Too early for lacquer discs...
>
> Karl

More unlikely that it was even recorded, although WOR was supposed to have had
gazillions of discs stashed away. When was this concert?

dl