Re: [ARSCLIST] STADIUM SYMPHONY was Szell on MAR Was:Bernstein

Something about Stokowski still wanting to record with The PO,and he was under contract to RCA,and The PO was under contract to Columbia,if I recall correctly.

                                      Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Makes sense..the Philadelphia Orchestra recorded as the Robin Hood Dell
Orchestra of Philadelphia. It also recorded as the Victor Symphony Orchestra,
but that's another story.

dl

Larry Friedman wrote:
> Lewisohn Stadium, no? Didn't the NYPhil. play there in summer?
> -Larry

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.