To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] "20 something classical vinyl collectors" [was Re: [ARSCLIST] Szell on MAR Was:Bernstein info needed]

No clue,I just run into them at the flea market and record shows a lot.I know this guy who comes to the flea market,with his son,the son is about twelve,and is a bigger vinyl nut than the dad,so some of it may be parents.I recall a photo that ran in Goldmine,from about 1989,of a guy reading Goldmine to his baby,with a caption of "Start "em young,and start "em right.".
This site
http://homepages.ipact.nl/~otterhouse/
is run by a guy who is about 20,21, who lives in Holland,and is devoted entirely to pre-1956 Lps,and a few 78s.Apparently the pickings are much better over there,than here in the picked over US,or even in neighboring countries,like Germany or France.Don't forget vinyl never went away.The underground/indie vinyl scene has been big continually since the late 70s.This helps fuel interest in rock/r&b.Hip hop has always been all about the vinyl.

Roger

"D. Blake Werts" <bwerts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Are you seeing an influx of younger collectors? If so, the question is
indeed a very good one! Where/how are they coming from?

- Blake